Thursday, April 30, 2015

My new favourite East London Pub, The Morgan Arms.


Hello readers, hope your week's going quite well. Friday can't come soon enough for many, am willing to bet. I am looking forward to flying to Milan (Starhotels E.C.H.O) tomorrow for a few days break and i definitely cant wait to drink some good wine, eat some good food and chill with the girlfriend ( not in that particular order ofcourse).

Those are my weekend plans. I already made a good start to it however, by visiting one of my new favourite East London pub yesterday, the Morgan Arms. I visited a few weeks ago for lunch with a friend and actually liked it enough to come back for another visit. We had their delicious steak and Thai beef starter.




Lovely indeed. I came back for dinner last night and decided to help myself to a few selections of starters , mains and dessert.



Poached duck egg with a pea mousse, avocado , radish and gratin mustard dressing
A very fresh starter indeed. I quite liked it.


Grilled sardines on toast, balsamic red onion, basil, Mayo and Watercress



Pan fried Duck breast, sweet Potato and Celeriac gratin, baby vegetables and Sherry brandy jus
I absolutely loved the sweet Potato mash. The duck was quite decent as well. I guess that as a suggestion, they could try infusing some orange glaze into the duck. A bit like what i tried in my Dubai blog at Le petit Maison. 

Chocolate Truffles 
Quite Moorish truffles.


Chilli chocolate fondant and Ginger ice cream 
I really liked this dessert. Fondant was gooey on the inside with just that little hint of chilli. Went quite well with the ginger ice cream.

All in all I really liked everything I was served ( compliments to Gab, the chef). This coupled with the friendly staff ( Sam and the team ) and the nice atmosphere creates a winner in my books. In the words of a famous movie star robot turned governor, I"ll definitely be back. Possibly for the Sunday roast. I reviewed a pub called The swift dean house a few months ago and I rated the roast quite highly. Curious to see how Morgan arms fairs. Have heard a few good things over the net.

There goes this weeks blog. Hope you liked it. I am off to finally pack and get ready for my weekend trip.

                                                           See you soon and have a nice weekend.










                                                           A.R.R.I.V.E.R.D.E.R.C.I










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Makele's Mouthful. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig