Saturday, July 16, 2016

Jose Pizarro, Broadgate


Hello readers, how's that weekend coming along. I'm still in bed trying to shake off the few tequila shots I had last night. It was only supposed to be one drink, but you know how these things happen. An arm wrestle or two later with the birthday girl  and am glad I was able to crawl away from her 300th birthday in the nick of time as more shots might lead to me doing another 100 metre race in a random park ( don't bother asking ). So I kicked off this weekend with tequila, however last weekend had a more healthier and tastier start. I spent it at Jose pizarros restaurant in Broadgate circle or should I say around Liverpool street. Now some of you readers might know that I have an affinity for Spanish food or better still Jose's dishes. I loved it so much I blogged about two of his other restaurants based in Bermondsey, Jose Tapas bar and Jose Restaurant . So without further ado, how did this fare up to the others. Well let me just say that the food tasted as good as I remembered and the Saturday 50% discount courtesy of opentable also helped make it that more delightful. Hope you like the foodie pictures. God knows am hungry just writing this blog post. 

Afternoon was kicked off with some nice truffle mash and poached egg, decently priced at £6.


Tasty croquettes 'caseras' for £6.50. Crispy on the outside with a soft centre filled with bechamel and Chorizo. ( stomachs still rumbling.. I really need to eat something before I pass out while writing this stuff) 


Delicious Iberico pork cheeks with sweet potato purée (9.50). The rich red wine juices and creamy sweet potato purée combination was delightful. Add those tender pork cheeks to the mix and you have a winning dish that brings a smile to ones face.


Succulent king prawns with chilli and garlic (£10). I had this dish during my visit to Jose's tapas bar and I said at the time that " these fresh prawns immersed in a garlic and chilli oil was soo plate lickingly delicious, it had to be some of the best prawns have ever had". Well, I still feel almost as good as I did then. I think the prawns I had previously, just about trumps this one though. Maybe that's nostalgia talking. 


I saw this squid dish on the board and just had to order it (£11). Another accomplished dish indeed. The generous sprinkles of paprika and salt flakes elevates this dish. Simplicity at its finest 


Look at this beauty :)


All this was followed up by two desserts, one of which I had at Jose's tapas bar 2 odd years ago. A chocolate ganache pot with drizzles of olive oil and salt flakes. They served this in a cup previously and I remember loving it.  An even bigger portion's definitely a good idea. Highly moorish indeed.


The caramelised pears with hazelnut ice cream wasn't too bad either. The hazelnut ice cream being the star. Both desserts went for £4.50 each.


There goes my time at this lovely restaurant. Good tasting food, washed down with some Amontillado. If you're ever around Liverpool Street station, make sure you try and visit. It's been a while since I visited the other restaurants, so am curious to find out if Jose's tapas bar still ranks as my favourite. 

                                                   

                                                    Bye for now and see you soon.

                                                              The joys of tequila 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Makele's Mouthful. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig